Friday, April 2, 1999

The Difference In The Shades

I've decided to pursue Arienette. I've chosen the life of running away from both the monsters, and the Agency, as long as I can be with her. I'll sacrifice everything I have left for her...which isn't honestly much. I hardly even can claim that I have any sanity left, after everything I've been through the past few months.

I've prepared everything. I got everything packed up. I'm just waiting for the perfect time to hit the road.

What finally convinced me was recalling one specific memory...back in June, of 1998, I was living in an apartment with Arienette. One day, we just decided...not to mess with anything. Just to lay in bed all day together. I think she may have been a bit sick, but nothing serious.

We discussed our future together...I wanted to break up, because I felt that I was endangering her, due to me being a -Key-. She told me that I was being silly, that I was underestimating her.

Looking back, I guess I was. Arienette's a strong woman, I know that now. Far stronger than me, anyways.

Arienette came from a small family in Idaho. She had a great childhood, and the past few years weren't too shabby either. She had told me, though, that those times would never compare to the time she had spent with me, here. She said she was finally settled down... 

She said that she thought...that she may have been falling for me. Falling, in love, with me.

It amazed me, that confession. Love? I didn't have much experience with that emotion; my family loved me sure, but they never actually showed that. I didn't have any friends. Love? What exactly was that anyways?

But I knew, sometime later, somehow that I was already in love with her.

I thought that maybe...she was the one. She could be the one to finally save me from it all.

To save me from this drifting snow...to melt away at the ice...to warm my shivering body.

I feel hollow with this..."Key" inside me. I wanted it out! I wanted to be normal!

Of course, that couldn't happen...not if the Agency was concerned anyways.

But I'm going to make it happen.





No comments:

Post a Comment